Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday Words of Wisdom

Don't spend major time with minor people

If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, and stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, have different values and don't have your back during difficult times... that is not a friend. To have a friend, is to be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go. Surround yourself with people who reflect positive values, goals, interests and lifestyles. When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to GOD from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life and encourage my progress. Over the years my phone book has changed because I decided to change it, for the better. At first you may think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that seem to make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure. Remember what your elders used to say, "Birds of a feather,flock together." So, if you're a swan, don't hang around pigeons!

I love the Lord and thank Him for all that he does in my life, therefore, I'm passing this on. Yes I do love Jesus. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Be Positive - Be Progressive... Take the time to make a positive difference in someone's life. Walk by faith, not by sight. Receive God's blessings. Heal the past; live the present; dream the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you man, definitely. I'm feeling this post. Looks like I need to "upgrade" my phone book. LOL.

KIckin' scripture? Amen! That's probably exactly what I needed to hear. I'm going to do some inventory on my friends reeeeeal quick. Like, yesterday.

~J.