Friday, July 6, 2007

Daring

How daring of you to love me with a lie,

How dare you laugh at my pain, How dare you delight in my heartache.
How dare you tell me I was the lead actor, when I was really the support cast...
How dare you enter my world, and allow me entrance into yours, when you knew there was no intention to stay,

How daring, you loved me with a lie...

How dare you listen to my past, pretend to be my future and revel in my present,
How dare you tell me " I'm all" when I was only a part,
How dare you let me open up, close down and open up again...

How daring, you loved me with a lie...

How dare u let me vision you, understand you, and respect what you said was you...
How dare you think we call us friends, when your knife wound still burns my spine,
How dare you paint new colors for me, create new worlds, open new doors...
How dare you cleverly get inside me, slither through me, nestling warmly behind the safety of my walls,

How daring, you loved me with a lie...

How dare you stay in my head, How dare you burn images in my mind,
How dare you become so routine,
How dare you leave me to make love to "why", to embrace "did I" or " was I",
How dare you give me the illusion of us...
How dare you say my short comings were invisible, when in your reality they beat down your door...

HOW...DARE.... YOU... HOW... DARE.... YOU...HOW DARE YOU...

How ... dare I, be so ready to fill myself with another,
how dare I, still adore you... to still want to understand...
the audacity of me to cover my pain and not flush out its bitter taste...
How dare I... not fully accept your coldness... for believing, and thinking that I had finally found the one... How dare I, even think there was a "one"...


How daring, of me... for simply... wanting to be loved...

No comments: